Sunday, May 29, 2011

13 Days Until the Great Race: Pocono CSD

Today, two of my friends and I took the Stingray to a car show at Pocono Manor.  The show is called Pocono: A Celebration of Speed and Design (CSD for short) and features Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, DeTomoso, Vipers, and Corvettes.  Kevin brought his father's Audi R8 V10 along for fun (yes, the same car in my post two weeks ago) and Pete, a friend from college came up as well and spent the night before the show.  The show was not as well attended as it usually was, perhaps because of the impending bad weather (which never showed up).  Nevertheless, it was still a lot of fun and there were still some interesting cars.
The cars at the house before we left for the show.  We watched some of the Monaco Grand Prix while I let the car warm up.
 
There were about 15 Corvettes at the show.  We were the only C2 so we won "Best C2" by default and got a nice little trophy.
There was a pretty decent turn out of both old and new Ferraris.

Someone brought a brand new Ferrari 458.  The temporary tag stated that the car was bought only five days ago.  The window sticker was behind the drivers seat and it still had a fabulous smell of Italian leather.

I put some information down about the Great Race with the car and a bunch of people asked me about it so it was cool to see that some people knew about it.

We'll be leaving for Tennessee one week from today.  Now that I think about it, that will probably be the next time I drive the car.  I'm starting to get excited, I even started packing this week.  Dad and I will be spending this week getting the car prepped and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment