Wednesday, May 4, 2011

38 Days Until The Great Race: Entry List is Up!!!

The Great Race website just posted the entry list for the rally.  We'll be the only Corvette and one of six Chevy's in the rally.  Our number for the race will be 25.  I was hoping to have 66 for obvious reasons but oh well.  25 is significant because 2011 will be the 25th year that we have owned the car (it was bought for a wedding present for my mother in 1986).  Looks like a great bunch of cars on the rally.  A few that stuck out to me were a 1969 Porsche 911 (I've always loved early 911's and Dad's got a '77 911S Targa), a 1964 Amphicar (I wonder if he'll bypass any of the bridge crossings), and possibly a 1960 Morgan +4 (I'm sure Dad thinks that he's a little crazy for considering taking a Morgan).

The link to the list is attached below:
http://www.greatrace.com/news/great-race-entrants.html

Just for fun, I've included a picture of a small sculpture we had made of the Corvette some time ago.  Dad had me take a picture of it when I was home two weekends ago.  My mother is pictured driving the car (while sporting her distinctly Canadian Tilley hat.  I rarely see her drive top down without the hat.) since it is her car after all.

4 comments:

  1. Greg, we are really excited about having you and your Dad as part of our Great Race family! You guys better get out there are start practicing! Do you have your performance charts yet? Let us know if we can help. Pat n' Pat Brothers - Great Race #99 - 1931 Buick Racer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pat! We'll try to get out as much as possible to practice. We still have to get performance charts, hopefully we'll be doing that sometime soon. We've been trying to make sure the car is mechanically ready for the race. It's hard finding a day when Dad and I are both not working to get some time together to get a drive in.

    -Greg
    P.S. I'll be heading down to Duckloe Brothers in an hour or so to take a picture of the chair for the auction. It's finished and Dad should be sending it out by the end of the week. I haven't seen it yet but according to Dad, it turned out really well! I'll email you some pictures and post them here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys, are you getting ready for the Race? No blogs ... does that mean you are out practicing? See ya next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat!
    Dad and I haven't gotten much practice in yet. We've both been busy with work and it's been hard to find time where both of us are free to go for a drive. We're planning on going out tomorrow night to get a few hours in though!
    See you soon!
    -Greg

    ReplyDelete