Wednesday, March 9, 2011

94 Days Until the Great Race: Introductory Post!

For those of you that don't know what's going on, I feel that a little introduction is in order!

My father (Fred) and I (Greg) have decided to take place in the Great Race, a classic car rally that will take place from June 11th-17th, 2011.  We will be taking my mother's 1966 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible as our car of choice.

We live in Stroudsburg, PA (a small town about an hour and a half due west of New York City) and to start the rally we must get to Chattanooga, TN.  Therefore we will be leaving town on June 5 so we can enjoy the trip down.  We'll be making a stop in Bowling Green, KY to tour the Corvette factory and the National Corvette Museum, and another stop in Brentwood, TN to visit my aunt and uncle before we head on Chattanooga to start the rally.  

This blog will cover the entirety of our Great Race experience.  That includes the preparations to the car (and ourselves) for the rally, the trip to the rally, the rally itself, and the drive home after the rally has concluded.  

I can speak both for Dad and myself when I say that we are very excited for the trip! We've sent in our check, paid for the hotel rooms, and we just received the Stingray back from a quick engine overhaul and we're just chomping at the bit to get started!

I'll try to update this blog as much as possible but, seeing that I am a college student, academics and athletics always come first.  I promise there to be more posts when I am back home with Dad and the car!

-Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment